Homework Tips For Parents: How To Help Your Child With The Assignments
One smile on the face a child gives the parents a feeling that they have achieved something in life. Thus, when parents find the kids stressful and frustrated under the constant wield of homework, they cannot help thinking how they (the parents) may be of help.
The trouble is, parents are not expected and moreover, should not do the homework themselves. They may however take certain steps to accord assistance to kids. Here is how you, as a parent, may help your kid/s with the assignments.
- Ensure a study space – However small your home is, make sure that the kids get their reading space. Get them a reading table; all necessary materials and preferably a cut up space where they can be themselves.
- Offer them convivial atmosphere – Kids labor it out in school. Thus, when they return home, they should get a nice and conforming atmosphere and scope for decent family time. They should be made to realize that study ought to be a habit like eating or playing; it should not be done under tension and desperation.
- Give them time – However busy you are, you should spend quality time with the kids to know what problems they are facing in school. Be frank and friendly with them and coax them to be frank and friendly with you. Offer them guidance on how to handle their homework. Ensure them that you are always with them whenever they need you.
- Cut a schedule – Cut them a schedule for study and play. Do not interfere in their playing time, giving them small chores. When their study time comes, encourage lovingly, directing them to get to their study room. Instill in them the value of education and of revising what they studied in school through the homework.
- Solve with them – Occasionally sit with them through their toughest assignments, say, Math and show them the most fluent way to do the work. Make them feel that what they think tough is only their estimation; it is actually quite simple. Give them ideas to be more conversant with their subjects; and the ease of homework will automatically come in.
- Consult their teachers – Be in regular touch with the teachers to know where the child is faltering and what he/she finds tough to negotiate. Take inspiration and bulleted ideas from them as to how to put the kids at ease with their homework. Go through their syllabus and tell the kids that you are immensely approachable in case of difficulties.